RAIL LUBE TO REDUCE WEAR, ELIMINATE NOISE & REDUCE LOW SPEED DERAILMENTS
Super Lube® Rail Lubricant is a synthetic composition that incorporates Polytetrafluoroethylene polymer (PTFE) into a unique and patented product. Engineered specifically for the interface of wheel and rail: to reduce wear, eliminate noise and aid in the reduction of low speed derailments. It is available in formulations for gauge face and top of rail applications. It is inherently biodegradable.
PTFE provides maximum lubricity because of its very low coefficient of friction and its very high affinity for metal surfaces. This lubricant has ideal visco-elastic properties which enable Super Lube® to achieve remarkable carry and lubricating efficiencies. One study demonstrated carrying capability in excess of 20 miles. Because of this superior balance of lubricity and adhesiveness, Super Lube® also helps reduce risk of low speed derailments.
Super Lube® is an extremely effective wear reducer. In a recent study performed in partnership with San Diego Trolley, in a transit and freight environment, use of Super Lube® has extended rail life of track that had been previously unlubricated and worn to within 75% of condemnation, in excess of 48%. In rail that has had Super Lube® from the day it was placed in service, it is anticipated to extend rail life by more than 215%. This equates to enormous cost savings to any railroad or transit agency.
- Reduction of Wheel and Rail Wear
- Noise Suppression/Abatement
- Reduction in Low Speed Derailments
- Unparalleled Carry/Tracking Ability
- Environment Friendly
- Temperature range is -45°F to +500°F
- Inherently Biodegradable
- Waterproof and will not wash off
- Prevents rust and corrosion
SUPER LUBE® RAILROAD SWITCH PLATE OIL WITH SYNCOLON® (PTFE)
Super-Lube® Switch plate oil can be applied by brushing, pouring, or spraying. With a continuous operating temperature of -45°F to 450°F, there is no need to stock seasonal viscosities.
- Reduces application time of Graphite by 80%.
- Less Electrical Draw, Contains PTFE polymers, Dielectric.
- Will not freeze or harden, -45°F to 450°F
- Excellent Lubricity, No solvent additives, No vapors, no VOC’s
- Resists water, UV Breakdown, Will not attract dirt and dust.
- Environmentally Friendly, NSF Approved H1, Biodegradable, Non Toxic.
*SUPER LUBE® and SYNCOLON® are registered trademarks of The Synco Chemical Corporation. Trademark and copyright restrictions apply.